WILD BLUEBERRY DANISH
This easy recipe is ariff on a high-end bakery product Go Wild! Try with different jam flavors!
- 1 14 ounce piece puff pastry available in frozen section of markets (DuFour brand all butter pastry is best, Pepperidge Farm brand works)
- 4 ounces local Maine goat cheese or soft cheese
- ¼ cup Wild Blueberry Jam
- Assemble ingredients and tools. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Allow the puff pastry to defrost and come to room temperature.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the puff pastry out into a 16 inch by 16 inch piece.
- Cut into 12 squares, each 4 inches by 4 inches.
- On each square, place a tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Then add a teaspoon of wild blueberry jam.
- Bring the 2 opposite corners of the puff pastry together, and fold together along the edges. Repeat.
- The finished Danish will look like square with a cross.
- Bake until the Danish are golden, about 20 minutes.
Makes 12 Danish Chef Cheryl’s notes: These delicious treats also freeze well. I keep them stocked and bake as needed for a quick and easy coffee break. Nutritional analysis per Danish: 197 calories, 4 grams protein, 17 grams carbohydrates, 13 grams fat, 107 mg. sodium, less than 1 gram fiber.