WILD BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
These are the perfect bars to take to a picnic, or pack into the lunchbox. Top with Wild Blueberry Fruit Sauce for an elegant dessert.
- 2 cups cookie crumbs I like to use chocolate
- 6 tablespoons Melted butter
- 16 ounces goat cheese or cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup frozen wild Maine blueberries dusted with 2 tablespoons flour
- Assembleingredients and tools.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9- inch x 13-inch pan.
- In the bowl of your food processor or mixer, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Without washing the mixer, add the goat cheese or cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs and grated nutmeg to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, dust the wild blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour
- Fold the wild blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the cheesecake is just set, about 35 – 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan before cutting into bars.
- If desired, dust the tops with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 24 – 2 inch squares. Nutritional analysis per bar: 170 calories, 3 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrates, 12 grams fat, 126 mg. sodium, 1 gram fiber. To serve: top with Wild Blueberry Fruit Sauce