Shrimp with Garlic and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 pound Maine shrimp
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- olive oil
- 1 jar Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Warm four pasta plates in the oven.
- In a saucepan, combine the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with the heavy cream and heat slowly until it just starts to simmer.
- Add some olive oil to a sauté pan and heat gently. Add the chopped garlic and cook until it starts to soften and is fragrant.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. This will happen quite quickly. While the pasta is cooking, increase the heat on the sauté pan and cook the shrimp. Toss frequently and be careful not to overcook.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the warm sauce. Divide between the four heated pasta plates. Top with the garlic sautéed shrimp.
- Serve with crusty French bread and a green vegetable like steamed broccoli. Makes four very rich and delicious servings!