Roasted Onion and Squash Souffle
Try this Roasted Onion and Squash Souffle with Gruyere or cheddar cheese, eggs, butter and Roasted Onion and Squash Puree.
- 1 cup grated cheese (Gruyere works well, or cheddar)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar Roasted Onion & Squash Puree
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a 6-cup soufflé dish or an 8 – cup gratin dish. Generously grease the sides.
- Heat the Roasted Onion & Squash Puree. Remove from heat. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, until well blended. Then stir in the cheese.
- Beat the egg whites, and then fold into the squash mixture. Spoon into the buttered dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden and the center is still a bit wobbly. Serve immediately from the oven.