Pumpkin Apple Custard
The Apple Lover's Cookbook by Amy Traverso seems to be the favorite cookbook around here lately. This is an adaptation of the Pumpkin and Apple Custard.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 heaping, cup Pumpkin Maple Butter
- 1/2 heaping cup Apple Sauce (Keepsake works well)
- 1/2 cup whole milk, half & half or cream
- 1 tablespoon finely ground cornmeal or all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Arrange six custard cups or ramekins in a 9x13 pan.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into custard cups (about 1/2 cup in each). Pour boiling water into the baking dish, so that the water comes about halfway up the side of the cups.
- Bake 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes, until the center jiggles just a bit when shaken.