These meatballs make a great snack and they go great with any of our Pasta & Pizza Sauces!
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- Pasta and Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 pound ground pork or lamb
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, chicken or rabbit
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or more to taste
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup red wine, beef or vegetable stock, or water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar works well)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon Worcetershire sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, soak bread crumbs in the wine or stock until soft. Add the remaining meatball ingredients. Knead with your hands until combined well. If needed, add a bit more liquid so the mixture sticks together. Chill the mixture for about 1 hour. Before shaping the meatballs, test a bit of mixture in fry pan for seasonings. Correct seasonings if necessary. Using a small scoop, form into meatballs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until just cooked, about 10 – 15 minutes, depending upon the size of the meatball. Remove meatballs from the pan and let cool. Pack into containers or ziploc bags and refrigerate or freeze.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 226 calories, 17 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates, 11 grams fat, (0 grams trans fat), 275 mg. Sodium, 1 gram fiber.