- 1 jar Pasta and Pizza Sauce
- 1 can beans, rinsed and drained (garbanzo, black beans, red kidney)
- 1 cup stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 2 cups water
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1 package baby spinach
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a heavy soup pot, combine the pasta sauce, beans, stock, water, pepper, and pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook, covered, for about 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just cooked. Stir in the spinach. Taste the soup and season to taste with basil, sea salt and fresh pepper. Ladle into soup plates and garnish with grated cheese.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 208 calories, 11 grams protein, 40 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat, (0 grams trans fat), 300 mg. Sodium, 9 grams fiber.