Easy Cream of Tomato Soup
Pack this soup in a heated thermos for a delicious lunch on the go.
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes or tomato puree
- ½ cup cream, rice milk or soymilk
- Chopped fresh herbs of your choice (basil, oregano, parsley)
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- In a soup pot over medium heat, warm the chopped tomatoes or tomato puree. Slowly stir in the cream, rice milk or soymilk.
- Add the chopped fresh herbs if desired, and season to taste with sea salt and fresh pepper. For a smoother texture, if desired, the soup may be pureed in the blender or food processor.
- To prepare your lunch: preheat the thermos by filling with hot water. Drain the hot water and add the hot soup. Cut a carrot into sticks; fill three crackers with peanut butter or cheese. Pack lunch box!
Nutritional analysis per cup of soup: 278 calories, 4 gram protein, 19 gram carbohydrates, 22.5 grams fat, 75 mg. sodium, 4 grams fiber. Nutritional analysis of lunch: 442 calories, 8 grams protein, 42 grams carbohydrates, 29 grams fat, 341 mg. sodium, 6.5 grams fiber.