BREAD & BUTTER COLESLAW
We Mainers love our pickles. This tasty slaw is sweet and tangy.
- 6 cups thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- cup ½chopped red onion
- 1 cup Bread & Butter Pickles
- ¼ cup pickle brine
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Sea salt fresh pepper, and cane sugar to taste
- Shred the cabbage, grate the carrot and chop the onion. Combine in a large bowl.
- In the bowl of your food processor, chop the bread & butter pickles. Add the yogurt and olive oil and pulse until combine. (Or chop the bread & butter pickles by hand and mix in a small bowl with the yogurt and olive oil.) Stir the dressing into the coleslaw. Season to taste with sea salt, fresh pepper and a touch of sugar if needed.
Yield: 8 - 1 cup servings Nutritional analysis per serving: 133 calories, 1.5 grams protein, 12 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams fat, 200 mg. sodium, 2 grams fiber.