Aroostook Corn Bread & Muffin
- 1 package Aroostook Corn Bread Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat of your choice (melted butter vegetable oil, bacon fat, coconut oil)
- medium mixing bowl; 12-cup muffin tin, bread pan, or 8 – 9 inch round cast iron skillet or pie plate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Generously butter or grease your baking pan or muffin tin. If needed, melt the baking fat. **
- 2. Add the Aroostook Corn Bread mix to the mixing bowl. Add the liquid fat, melt and egg. Stir well.
- 3. Spoon into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean. 18 – 22 minutes, depending upon the size and shape of the pan.
- 4. Remove from oven. Let rest for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
** Butter or bacon fat can be melted in the baking pan while preheating the oven. Watch carefully so as not to get too hot! If it bubbles, cool to room temperature before pouring into mixing bowl.