Applesauce Trail Mix Cookies
Looking for a healthy snack or dessert? Try these cookies made from unsweetened applesauce. They are a good source of manganese and dietary fiber.
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup rolled oasts (old fashioned oats, not quick cooking)
- 1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat together the applesauce, egg, brown sugar and butter.
- Stir the remaining dry ingredients into the applesauce mixture.
- Spoon batter onto a greased cookie tin. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until just starting to brown, about 8 – 10 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per cookie: 68 calories, 1.3 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fat (0 grams trans fat), 24 mg. sodium, 1.2 grams fiber.